Wednesday, March 12, 2014

OPI The Iconic Nail Lacquers + Mani Essentials

Hello everyone! I hope you're all having a great Wednesday :) I have really been busy with school and homework but I just had to post about the OPI Iconic Nail Lacquers and Mani Essentials! This is a recent purchase for me and I'm so excited about this one. Keep reading for OPI must-haves!


My mom recently surprised me with this OPI kit that she purchased from HSN. I'm not really sure if this a new kit or just something special OPI and HSN teamed up to make (I tried researching but I got nothing about these products together) but I'm in love with everything! This kit retails for $98.25 but my mom bought it for around $40.00! (The price on HSN has recently gone up from that.) It includes nail polishes, nail polish remover, hand lotion, a glass file and more! 


The Kit
All of the polishes and nail goodies came in this cute box! It got a little beat up in the shipping process but everything inside was alright. I'm surprised it could fit so much, it initially looked pretty small! 


Expert Touch Lacquer Remover
The first thing I pulled out was this pretty purple bottle! I'm pretty curious about this nail polish remover, I'm so used to my acetone (which never disappoints) but I'm interested in seeing how this works. I've heard people rave about Zoya's Remove so I'm wondering if name brand nail polish removers are better or if it's all just the same stuff. I just hope I don't get too comfortable with this or else I'll have to pay a few extra dollars for it once I run out!


Expert Touch Nail Wipes
Sticking with the trend of removing polish, this is the next thing I pulled out. I can honestly say that I've never seen anything like this! This is such a great idea for travel or to just throw into my backpack. I sometimes have those days where I'm at school and a few of my nails have chipped and I just want to take all of my polish off so this will be perfect


Start-To-Finish Base Coat, Top Coat & Strengthener
Now this is a product that I've already tried out and I love it as a base coat! I'm usually not a fan of base + top coat duos but I don't mind this. I did try this as a top coat though and it was kind of awful. After my nails were dry for 5+ hours, they were easily dentable and it was just a mess. It also doesn't do as good of a job as Seche Vite at smoothing out layers of polish. I'm sort of 50/50 with this, great base coat, disappointing top coat.


Avoplex High-Intensity Hand & Nail Cream
I'm really upset but happy to say that this hand cream is so much better than my Korres lotion! I don't know what is in this but it is magic! It makes my hands so soft and the formula is extremely smooth and buttery. It has a great smell that isn't overpowering and it is hands down my new favorite thing. I love it. 



Avoplex Cuticle Oil To Go
Not only did the hand cream beat my Korres lotion, but this cuticle oil is so much better than my Essie cuticle oil! I feel bad for dissing Essie (I still love that brand) but OPI is on top of their game! This cuticle oil moisturizes very well, smells and feels great, and it doesn't take a million years for it to soak in! I also love the applicator, you just squeeze the tube and you brush this on your cuticles. It's all around perfection!


Crystal File
This file couldn't have come into my life at a better time! Lately I've been rapidly running out of my disposable nail files and I've been fed up with their short lives. I know this file will last me a while and it looks so elegant and pretty! 

From L to R: Bubble Bath, Suzi's Hungary Again, Cajun Shrimp, Big Apple Red & Russian Navy
Nail Lacquers
I've saved the best for last! I'm obviously going to be the most excited for the polishes that come in this kit, they're all so classic and gorgeous and I've managed to squash a few lemmings! I've always wanted OPI's Bubble Bath and Suzi's Hungary again, they are both so beautiful. I'm also really happy to have Russian Navy. I thought I would like this one the least but it's actually gorgeous in and out of the bottle! Do you see the dazzling purple tones? I'm super impressed and ecstatic to be growing my OPI collection :)

Well that's all in this kit! Wasn't everything wonderful? I think this is all a fantasticl deal for the small price. If you can, I highly recommend you get your hands on this! What did you think of all of these nail goodies? Do you own and love/hate any of these? Would you like to see a more in-depth review of a certain product? Let me know in a comment below or on Instagram! I'll talk to you all next time 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's an amazing kit! & the polishes are just gorgeous! My favourite is "Suzi's Hungary Again" :)

    xo Maddy | blog: spilledpolish | indie polish: beyond the nail

    ReplyDelete