Saturday, March 1, 2014

Butter London - All Hail The Queen

Happy Saturday everyone! :) Today I have a swatch of Butter London's All Hail the Queen for you. I posted this swatch on my Instagram a few days ago but I never got around to blogging about this gorgeous color!


This is one of my very first Butter London polishes, I got it as a Christmas gift from my mom and it came in the Butter London Glam Rock Set! All of the polishes in the set (except Buckie) all existed before the set was created, it wasn't a new collection or anything like that. BL polishes are pretty pricey, (15 bucks each!) but this color is fantastic!


All Hail the Queen is a warm nude/taupe/tan polish filled with fine holographic glitter. It's a really gorgeous (and work appropriate) shade that makes a boring neutral way more fun and exciting. The glitter isn't distracting or too over the top, although it looks that way in pictures, in real life it's somewhat subtle but really elegant. 


Formula wise, this polish is a little bit of a hot mess. I was really disappointed with the first coat, it went on smoothly but it was just so sheer! This is definitely not a creme polish, totally a crelly. The second and third coats were a little patchy and the color was slowly starting to build up. The fourth coat made it 80% opaque, I could still see parts of the tip of my nail but I was so tired that I just stopped. The formula was also weird because it was rather thick and sheer at the same time. Not a big fan but I think once you work with it, the color is awesome!

Overall I think this polish is pretty good, the color totally makes up for the kind of crappy formula. What do you think? Would you wear this shade? Let me know! 

2 comments:

  1. The color is gorgeous but that's too bad about the poor formula. :( Haha yeah...... I'd never spend $15 on a full sized bottle of nail polish unless it was a total lemming! ;D) But this mini bottle is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outcome of this! Too bad it was crappy putting on :P


    xo Maddy | spilledpolish

    ReplyDelete