- Base Coat (I used Essie's Grow Stronger)
- A light purple/grey polish (I used Essie's Lilacism)
- A medium purple polish (I used Essie's Using My Maiden Name)
- A white polish (I used China Glaze's White On White)
- A purple/pink toned polish (I used Essie's My Better Half)
- A pastel blue polish (I used Essie's Bikini So Teeny)
- A glitter polish (I used China Glaze's Fairy Dust)
- A dotting tool
- A small brush
- A makeup sponge
- Cotton swabs & nail polish remover
- Top Coat (I used Seche Vite)
Tip: There is no actual trick to galaxy nails! All you have to do is sponge the colors randomly onto the nail making sure that they do not completely blend or layer on top of each other too much. Have fun, you can't make mistakes!
After applying a base coat, paint your nails with your base color, the light purple/grey polish.
With your medium purple polish, apply some of it to a makeup sponge and start dabbing it onto the outer edges of your nail.
Now sponge white polish onto the center of your nail.
With your purple/pink polish, dab that onto some empty spots.
With your pastel blue polish, layer some of it onto the white without completely covering it. Doing this will allow the blue to stand out.
I dedicated this step to fixing anything I didn't like. I added some purple and pink in random spots, added more white, and made the galaxy look the way I wanted.
Using cotton swabs and nail polish remover, clean up the excess polish around your nail.
Apply 1-2 coats of your glitter polish to make the galaxy sparkle!
With your dotting tool and white polish, add small dots to act like stars.
Finally, with your small brush, paint some white stars in arbitrary areas to add light to your fabulous galaxy nails. Seal with a top coat and you're done!
I hope you guys love this tutorial and it helps you out! This got so many requests and I'm glad to have done this for you. If you end up trying this, make sure to post a picture on Instagram, tag me in it and use the hashtag #InspiredBySabrinasNails so that I can see it and post it on the "Your Recreations" page of my blog! As always, thank you so much for reading and I'll talk to you next time!