Monday, February 3, 2014

Ruffian Nail Tutorial!

Today is the day that I get to share my pictorial with you all! Sorry that it has so many watermarks, I've had previous pictorials stolen before and they've been plastered with other people's Instagram usernames on top of mine so I wanted to make sure it wouldn't happen again. I spent so much time on this and I really hope you love it! :)


Materials:
  • A metallic (or cream if you want a different look) polish of your choice (I chose Zelda by Julep)
  • French tip stickers 
  • A cream polish of your choice (I chose Neon & On & On by China Glaze)
  • Your favorite top coat (I chose Seche Vite)
  • A clean up brush (if you make as much of a much mess as I do!)
Step 1:
Start by painting your nail with your metallic polish. Remember that whichever polish you chose on this step will be covered by your second polish. Wait for this to dry completely before moving on to the next step.

Step 2:
Grab your sticker and instead of placing it at the tip of your nail (because these stickers are meant for french tips), place it upside down near your cuticle. Make sure to press the sticker firmly and into the crevice between the sides of your nail and skin.

Step 3:
With your second polish, paint your entire nail until opaque. Typically, you'd want to choose a very opaque polish so that you won't end up painting multiple coats for this. 

Step 4:
Pull off the sticker immediately after painting your nail to reveal a crisp line.

Step 5:
If you got a bit of polish on the side of your nail like I did, take your clean up brush or a cotton swab, dip it into acetone and quickly swipe off the polish. Finish with 1-2 coats of your favorite top coat to even out this mani so that there are no bumps or mistakes!

Voila! You're finished :) I know there are other ways of creating a ruffian look but I just wanted to share how I achieved it. I really hope you all enjoyed! If you decide that you want to repost this picture, please give me credit in the caption of your post. If you happen to try out this look after looking at my pictorial, use the hashtag #InspiredBySabrinasNails so that I can see the picture of your nails! You guys are so talented and I'd love to see your different color combinations and takes on this design. I'll talk to you all tomorrow  




2 comments:

  1. Awesome tutorial! I love these colours together.

    I'm a new follower, great blog! Hope to see you around mine sometime :)
    xo Maddy | spilledpolish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading! I also follow your blog and I love it! :)

      Delete